Symbol.
Square Miru, view to the east. Melnik.

Melnik |

Above the confluence of the Vltava and the Elbe, surrounded on three sides by the Dolnooharska, Jizerska and Stredolabska tables. An area already inhabited in the Neolithic, at the end of the 10th century the stone castle Melnik was built, which is given to the princesses and queens as a dowry. The famous wine center, a major railway junction and river port.

FOUNDED
1274
POPULATION
19 472
ALTITUDE
215 m
REGION
Stredocesky
Illuminated tower of the town hall. Melnik.

Photography gallery |


Open a larger map in a new tab.